Monday 10th October
11am to 1pm
Free of Charge
At 11am on Monday 10th October, Joseph Driessen, BSc, TTC, MEdAdmin (Massey University) will deliver a seminar for parents at our school.
Joseph Driessen is the director of Education Answers, an International Educational Consultancy based in New Zealand, specialising in the professional development of teachers and parents. Joseph focuses his research on international best teaching and parenting practices, and is much in demand as a speaker, facilitator and education consultant.
We have been chosen by Dublin West Education Centre to be gifted this seminar and we really hope to see lots of parents avail of this opportunity.
The seminar will start with a talk by Joseph and conclude with a question and answer session so parents can have their concerns and questions addressed.
We can choose the focus for the seminar and I am interested in your preferences for this. Please see the choices below and go to the survey on our website to submit your preference before 12pm on Tuesday 4th October. The topic with the most nominations will be chosen.
· Leadership skills which promote learning
· Parent-child relationships as the key to learning success
· Mothers’ and Fathers’ different approaches to leadership
· The importance of nurturing and of setting boundaries
· Why many boys and girls need a structured household
· How to activate motivation by goal setting
· Supporting your child to become an independent learner
· Understanding key differences between boys and girls
· Coaching rather than correcting
· Setting boundaries without stress
· Things to do to support your child at school
Whatever topic is chosen, I hope that this seminar will be interesting and useful and I look forward to seeing lots of you there.