The recommended amount of physical activity for school-aged children is at least 60 minutes per day. Is your child getting enough physical activity?
The benefits of physical activity for physical and mental health are huge.
Check out this link for great ideas on how to get active and stay active.
We are encouraging all children to wear tracksuits / shorts this week to school. Share the following “Active Home Learning Menu” with your child and plan for plenty of activity this week!
- Walk to School (if at all possible)
- Go on a family walk of 20 mins duration. Raining? No problem...wear a coat with a hood.
- Take a family bike ride to the park and have a picnic. Don’t forget to wear your helmet!
- Wash the car and have your child help you! Lots of active water fun!
-Take the stairs in shopping centres instead of the escalator.
- Play hide and seek or musical chairs
-Create a dance to a piece of music that is at least 3mins long.
- Create a new team game that involves physical movement.
- Visit the playground or a play centre with climbing frames.
- Teach your child about the importance of exercise
It’s promising to be a great week of activity!
Keep active, keep moving,
Ruth and Anita (Active School Week Organisers)