On Monday 15th September, our 65 Junior Infant pupils will start their longer day - starting at 8.30am and finishing at 1.10pm. This means that we will have almost 160 pupils arriving at 8.30am and almost 110 leaving at 1.10pm.
We are trying to separately prepare each group so that everyone can arrive and leave safely and efficiently, when that time comes.
- Junior Infant pupils will be collected by their teachers from the front door of the school at 8.30am each morning.
- Children in older classes - Senior Infants, 1st and 2nd classes - will be collected by their teachers from the school yard at 8.30am each morning.
Children should arrive at school between 8.30 and 8.40am each morning.
Parents/guardians should wait with their children until they have been collected by the teacher and then leave promptly as the car parking spaces are needed by the other school and pre-school on our campus.
- Junior Infant pupils will continue to be collected from their classroom at 1.10pm each day.
- Children in Eldon's Senior Infants class are collected from the front entrance hall of the school at 1.10pm. Those collecting a child from this class should form a line against the glass wall so that parents of children in other classes can get past.
- Children in Anita's Senior Infants class are collected from the bottom of the stairwell at 1.10pm. Those collecting a child from this class should form a line along the wall leading to the stairs, so that other parents can get past on one side and so that after-school classes (also starting on Monday 15th September) can proceed on the other.
- Children in 1st and 2nd class meet their parents, guardians and other collectors in the front entrance hall of the school at 2.10pm.
If you have any questions about this, or suggestions as to how to improve our system, please don't hesitate to mention it to any member of staff.