At assembly last Friday, we launched the plan for creating it...
1. We want our community to think about what should be reflected in the crest/logo - what values, what relationships, what history, what geography, what colours, what priorities
2. We will take all of the ideas on board and choose the words that best represent the ideas from our community. We will share these key words with the community.
3. We will ask the children to design logos/crests keeping these keys concepts in mind.
4. We will choose the logos/crests that best demonstrate those concepts and ask graphic designers to turn them into graphic logos/crests.
5. We will choose a winning logo or crest.
6. The winning logo/crest will hopefully show the work and thoughts of lots of people and will be used by our school for everything from letterheads to signage to sports jerseys.
We are very excited about this and we can't wait to hear your ideas!
Of course, we are interested in hearing from parents and guardians as well as from staff and children. Please have a look at the powerpoint presentation our logo committee (Martha, Laura B, Shane and Caitriona) put together. Each class will be working through this during the week so don't give the game away if they haven't done it yet!
Please complete the form below to give us your ideas. As we want to order our jerseys in April, we have very tight deadlines on each step along the way - we need your input on concepts by Monday, 22nd January!
We know there is a lot of talent in our parent body and we would love to use it! Are you a graphic designer or do you have graphic design skills? Would you like to be involved in turning a child's drawing into a graphic logo or crest? Our expectation is that we will get the drawing(s) to you mid-February and hope to get them back by the end of February. We would love to get lots of parents involved in this! Please complete the second form below if you have skills that we could use here.