Make sure to read up on our website all our news, such as:
- Our Student Council's newest venture - suggestion boxes!
- Election of a new Parent Association Committee at the AGM
- Caitriona's note in celebration of our Parent Association on the event of their AGM
- The parenting seminar at our school presented by Joseph Driessen
- Events to look forward to this school year
- We are still looking for family photos and cooking volunteers!
- learning all about 2D shapes in Junior Infants and in Orla's 1st class
- Vet shop openings in Senior Infants - Claire's class, Mary Treasa's class and Sarah's class all opened shops this month as part of their Aistear play time!
- Quiet time in Leonie's class and debating in 4th class
- Making jellyfish in Martha's 1st class and cool collages in 3rd class
- Creation stories in Aoife's 2nd class and a Class Band in Mary's 2nd class
Next week, its the busiest week of all at our school! And we are very excited about it!
First off is our first ever Healthy Living Week, with a focus on the growth mindset, mindfulness, healthy eating and healthy living in general.
We will finish up the week with Fruity Friday in the morning and then finish Healthy Living Week with a very happy Spoooooooky Cake Sale in the afternoon! Please come along to support this great event, organised by our Parent Association.
And now for the BIG news......
Very appropriately for Healthy Living Week, we have had the MOST generous gift to our school!
Rachel O'Callaghan, mum of two children in our school, is running in Dublin City Marathon next Sunday - 26 MILES! - and is doing so for our school!
Isn't this amazing?!
Rachel would love to raise 1000 euro towards iPads or tablets for our school.
You don't have to get off your couch. You don't have to eat healthily. You don't even have to put on a pair of runners!
Rachel will do all of that for us.
Just dig deep and sponsor her race.
And share the fundraiser so other people can sponsor Rachel too!
We just need 100 people to sponsor 10 euro each to reach our goal.
At this rate, we will have a good number of ipads/tablets before the end of 2016 - how amazing!
The generosity of our community is inspiring. Thank you so much, Rachel, for thinking of us. We hope we can rise to your goal and we wish you EVERY good wish in completing the marathon!
With best wishes to you all and wishing you a healthy and happy weekend,