We hope you have had a good week and enjoyed whatever your family chose to do this week. We have been so pleased to hear from those of you who sent us a message.
We are getting a little worried about those we haven't heard from at all. Like I wrote on Monday, its ok if you haven't engaged with the activities suggested by the school. We just want to know that you are ok or that you're not. Please drop us a line if you haven't already. Another option is to record a voice note and attach that to an email. Unfortunately, we can't go into the school and so we won't get any messages you leave on the school phone.
Improvements for next week:
- For the suggested activities for next week, we have uploaded them as documents. We hope this makes it easier for parents to get everything all at once. You will just need to go back to the home learning page for the links to videos.
- We have also included a "Daily tasks" list at each level. These are activities the children are used to doing and we hope they will be able to do these independently without your help. Best to have it as part of a daily routine. With any new routine, a parent investing a few days in setting it up will be worth it in the long term.
- Teachers are recording more videos for the children to watch. As you let us know that you would like more of these to focus on the core subjects of English, Maths and Gaeilge, we will be ensuring that some of these areas are covered each week.
Other supports for parents:
- We have decided to use the Seesaw app, based on your feedback. Early next week, we will send you a consent form for this. Please return this promptly so that we can have all classes set up by the end of next week and start using the app the following week.
- We will be offering to share your contact details with other parents so that you can arrange to call, skype or facetime your child's friends. Please think now about whether you will sign up for this so that you are ready to complete the form when it is sent to you. There will be one week to reply and late replies cannot be included.
Supports available for families outside of school:
- A list of support lines available, depending on what challenge you are facing
Have a lovely weekend. We miss you and we wish you health, happiness and love.