Change in collection procedure for senior classes
Thanks to how smoothly it went, we have decided that we do NOT need the additional measure of stopping parents entering the campus at 2.15pm each day.
So your choice for children in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th class is:
- Have them walk out of the campus independently, as we had planned, and meet them off the campus
- Meet them on the campus as happened this week. In this case:
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from other families at all times
- Don't wait on the exit path - instead wait at the front of our school or the front of CSCNS
- Join your child in the flow of pedestrian traffic and walk with them.
We will continue to release 5th and 6th classes a couple of minutes early so as to avoid congestion.
One-way system on the paths
Thank you for following our one-way system.
At all times, to get from the school to the traffic island, you should follow the flow of pedestrian traffic around the front of CSCNS and then use the pedestrian crossing to get to the island. Do not cross back the front of our school or walk through the car park. That is not safe.
From Monday, there is no access to the staff car park for parents. Please be kind and courteous in the drop-off zones, leave the bus area for buses only and leave the car outside the campus if at all possible.
Reminder of the following arrival times. Please arrive during your assigned times only.
- 8.25 to 8.30 children in Senior Infants, 1st class and 2nd class who do NOT have siblings in older classes
- 8.30 to 8.35 children in Senior Infants, 1st class and 2nd class who DO have siblings in older classes
- 8.35 to 8.40 children in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th classes who DO have siblings in younger classes
- 8.40 to 8.45 children in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th classes who do NOT have siblings in younger classes
- 8.45 to 8.55 and 11.10 to 11.20 children in Junior Infants
We got very wet today. Some children had rain coats, rain trousers and wellies and they had great fun on yard and were dry for the rest of the day.
Others were pretty miserable in the wet and then had to either get changed or stay wet for the rest of the day. This affects their learning and engagement in class and is really unpleasant for them.
Please send in wet gear if you have not already done so. We are going outside to play, whatever the weather.
I know that Monday is a step up with everyone being in. Following the last two days, I am fully confident that next week will go smoothly. The feeling of community here the last two days was absolutely amazing.
The school can put all the measures in place for everyone's safety but they only work with everyone's cooperation and we certainly had that this week.
Thank you all so much.
Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to seeing you on Monday!