We are looking forward to seeing you this Thursday evening for our Parent Information Evening. We hope to see as many families represented as possible - this sharing of information sets us (home and school) up to work well together, with a shared vision, in supporting the children through the year ahead. Please remember that this event is for adults only and we will not be allowing children into the school - each year we have the difficult task of turning away one or more families who arrive with a child. This is upsetting for all so please avoid it. Of course, young babies belong with their primary carer and should not be forcefully separated - babies are welcome but please leave a room if the child becomes noisy.
In addition to the classroom talks taking place (see schedule below) and the refreshments area where parents can have a cuppa and get to know one another, we have two additional information pieces taking place. Please make the time to attend these as well as the classroom talk(s) for your child(ren):
- Both the Citywest ETNS Parents Association and the Citywest Educate Together Second Level Campaign Group will have tables in the GP Hall. They would both like to share information with as many parents as possible so please pay both a visit.
- Anita, Deputy Principal, and I will be giving information talks at 7pm, 7.30pm and again at 8pm. We ask that every parent attends one of these talks. We will be talking about topics that are central to school life and that we, as school leaders, are passionate about leading successfully and positively in the school. It is so important for our children that parents understand why we do what we do so that we can work together to build success. Our talks will include areas such as:
- Weaving Wellbeing, the new programme we are using to promote positive mental health and well-being in our school
- Code of Behaviour, Anti-Bullying and how we support children in these areas
- Strategic Planning for our school - what will our school achieve in the next 5 years?
- Supported learning in our school - how support teaching works in our school
- Home learning and making the most of our varied roles (parent and teacher) in maximising potential here
- Laura's Junior Infants
- Orla's Junior Infants
- Mary Treasa's Senior Infants
- Sarah C's Senior Infants
- Shane's 2nd class
- Bobby's 2nd class
- Stephen's 6th class
- Claire's 3rd class
- Amy's 3rd class
- Martha's 1st class
- Ailish's 1st class
- Eldon's 4th class
- Trisha's 4th class
- Aoife's 5th class
I very much look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday.