- 1st, 3rd and 5th classes:
- Drumcondra Primary Reading Test.
- 2nd, 4th and 6th classes:
- Micra-T Reading Attainment Test
- Sigma-T Maths Attainment Test.
The Micra-T focuses on specific vocabulary, whereas the Drumcondra takes a wider view of overall comprehension. It is likely that your child will score differently on the two tests due to their differing focuses. This is normal and to be expected. It is not a cause for concern. Using a mixture of tests allows us to build a fuller picture of your child's strengths and challenges.
With each report card posted this year, we enclosed a copy of the document available from the NCCA to help parents understand standardised test scores. That document is available on their website in a variety of languages.