Hello parents, guardians and carers!
Welcome back to a new school year! It has been a very busy September and the rest of this term is set to be just as busy!
Please bookmark our News page and check in every few days, or at least once a week. Other important pages are the Events page and the class website for your child's class. We are trying very hard to reduce the use of paper in communicating with families, for a whole variety of reasons. If you think you have missed a piece of communication, make sure to check our Notices to Families page, where you will be able to read it. The responsibility for keeping the website up-to-date is ours and the responsibility for checking it regularly is yours.
Some important updates you may be interested in are:
- Progress on building work in our new wing
- Getting involved in decision-making in the school - sign up for helping with policy work
- Our after-school programme is up and running again
- Buy some great value books and get free books for the school at the same time!
- Mad Hatters Day this Friday 25th September - wear a crazy hat and bring in 2 euro
- Some school places remaining - tell your friends and acquaintances who may be looking for a school place
- Getting to school safely - Thank you so much for your support and cooperation!
- School expenses - Thank you for your prompt payment; please pay immediately if there are amounts outstanding
- Parents' Association meeting this Tuesday evening at 7.30pm in the school
- Thank you for arriving promptly between 8.30am and 8.40am each morning. This sets your child up for a successful day.
The school also has a Twitter page and a Facebook page and our Parents' Association has a Facebook group to join. Find us to keep up to date. (Unfortunately I cannot link these in this email as social media pages are blocked in the school for your child's protection.)
To be clear, we will not be writing to you about everything that happens in the school. We will post updates to our website and we assume that you are reading it there. If this is a problem for you, please let me know.
Many thanks. I'm looking forward to a fantastic school year!