Despite work taking place on campus throughout the day today, we have not been able to make the campus safe for access, exit and emergency evacuation. Therefore, we have taken the difficult decision to remain closed tomorrow, Tuesday 6th March. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this causes. It was not a decision we took lightly but health and safety must be prioritised.
Snow is compacted throughout the campus and at least knee-high throughout, up to 3 feet high in many places. The contractors, who are under instruction from our landlord, DDLETB, have committed to working until such time as the campus can be used. Our landlord is confident that this will happen by tomorrow and so we are confident that we will be reopening on Wednesday.
It is likely that we will have a reduced number of car parking spaces so please plan to walk or LUAS to school if at all possible for the rest of this week.
We are asking staff members to undertake Child Protection training for the full day tomorrow, allowing us to cancel the two planned half days for that. Therefore, we will not be closing at 11.20am on Thursday 8th March and on Wednesday 25th April as previously notified.
Thanks again for your patience and support. I sincerely hope that all in our community have come through Storm Emma safe and healthy.
I will be in touch tomorrow to confirm that we will open on Wednesday.