One of our families is having a difficult time at the moment. Due to this, there will be days when they will be unable to bring their child to school. If there is any parent who lives in or near Kilmartin Avenue and would be able and willing to give a lift to this child on the odd morning on which their parent can't bring them, please reply to this email to let us know and we will put you in touch with the family in question. The support of our community would be much appreciated at this difficult time.
We are learning cricket
As part of our Active School commitment, we were delighted to start cricket coaching today in all senior classes (3rd to 6th classes). Classes will continue over the coming months. Please encourage your child to play at home, perhaps teaching you how to play too!
We will have coaching in other sports this year too, in addition to the usual GAA football training and swimming lessons, both of which are for middle classes (1st to 4th classes).
Encourage your child to stay active and to find a sport or activity that interests them. Physical activity is a very important factor for a healthy life.
Dates for your diary
Please record these dates in your diary or calendar so you don't miss them!
- Wednesday 5th September - Classroom visits for Senior Infants to 6th class - see last week's email for details
- Wednesday 5th September - our GAA football team (girls) play their first match in St. Mary's GAA pitch in Saggart at 3pm
- Thursday 6th September - Our new Junior Infants will feature in The Echo
- Monday 10th September - Junior Infants will start school at 8.30am and so the campus will be busier; please remain mindful of this
- Monday 10th September - start of our after-school programme - sign up online and pay the organiser privately
- Thursday 20th September - Parent Information Evening - adults only - details to follow
- Friday 21st September - County Photos photographer will take photographs of all children new to the school since their visit last September; these photos will then be available for purchase by parents and guardians.
- Friday 21st September - Parents Association coffee morning for all parents
Have a great week!