Sports Day – Thursday 11th June
This Thursday, 11th June is Sports Day.
This year the event will be held at St. Mary's GAA field in Saggart!
· Arrive as normal at Citywest ETNS at 8.30am (please be on time as children will be walking with their class to sports day).
· If the weather is not suitable to have our Sports Day on Thursday, we will text you at 8am, telling you the new date for Sports Day.
· Please join in Sports Day with your child’s class from 12:30pm
Collecting Children after Sports Day
· All Junior and Senior Infants – must be collected from St Mary’s GAA club at 1:10pm
· Junior/Senior Infants with after school activities or creche collection can be collected as normal from the school
· All 1st / 2nd class children will be collected as normal from Citywest ETNS
Your child needs:
- Sports clothes: tracksuit, t-shirt and runners/trainers, sun hat
- Jacket/coat for wet weather (in case it rains)
- Extra lunch, especially drinks - drinks should be in bottles that can be closed again and carried around without spilling
- Please put names on bottles and lunch boxes
- To be covered with sunscreen before they come to school
- Any medication they might need, (asthma inhaler for example). Please discuss this with your child’s teacher before Wednesday.
· Parking at St Mary’s GAA will be limited to school staff and parent volunteers only
· All other parents are advised to park at Citywest ETNS or in Saggart village and walk to St Mary’s GAA club
We are still looking for volunteers!! If you are free all day please tell your child’s class teacher. It is a great way to get involved with our school and meet other parents.
Getting to St Mary’s GAA
From our school, walk/drive to Saggart village. On the main street take a left at the traffic lights and an immediate left into the housing estate. Park in the housing estate and follow the road/path into St Mary’s GAA field. There is a google map available on stmaryssaggart.com
If you have any questions about Sports Day please talk to your child's class teacher. We’re looking forward to a great day!
Claire, Orlaith and Ross
Sports Day Committee