We are now half-way through the school year. It has been a very busy year so far and we are looking forward to more exciting times over the coming months as the days brighten.
Thank you to all parents and guardians who attended the parent-teacher meetings before the mid-term break. If you missed your meeting for any reason, please contact the school office to rearrange it as soon as possible.
Thanks also to our Parents Association who provided a lovely experience for all of our pupils last Tuesday when they organised a Pancake Tuesday event and every child (and staff member!) was gifted a pancake to eat.
Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE)
RSE for all classes takes place in the 5 weeks following the February mid-term break each year.
This is a spiral curriculum, which builds each year on learning from the previous year.
There will be lots of learning about friendships and new babies so listen out for talk and conversation about that.
The RSE programme content is available online, where you can access it if you want to know more.
Two half days for Child Protection training
The Department of Education has instructed all schools to close for two half days in order for school staff to receive training on new Child Protection guidelines.
Citywest ETNS will close at 11.20am on Thursday 8th March and again at 11.20am on Wednesday 25th April for this training.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause for parents.
It came to our attention that the early closures for Parent-Teacher Meetings were not brought to the attention of all creches. It is your responsibility as parent to make sure that the person responsible for collecting your child on these days knows that we will be closed early and will be here at 11.20am to collect your child. It is not the school's responsibility to let creche staff, bus drivers, etc know about this.
Read all about us!
- Online safety - be aware and stay vigilant
- Healthy living - get enough sleep
- Interactive games to try at home for Junior Infants
- Lots of news and updates from Laura B's 1st class
- Sam Maguire visits again!
- 4th class play with light
- 5th class visit the National Gallery of Ireland
- Support our friends in other Educate Together schools
- We have been very busy with enrolment for September 2018 - almost all places now filled
- Car park reminders - please be off the campus by 8.40am