Homework continues to be preparation for Distance Learning. Continue with the Distance Learning skill you chose last week and continue to practice the daily activities. This week, the children will be practicing how to respond using Drawing - text box. Look through the slides on Seesaw that teach how to do that. Time spent on this on Monday and Tuesday will help your child become independent at it from then on.
Now is not the time to sit with any difficulty. If you or your child is finding anything about this challenging, let your child's teacher know. It is much easier to fix this now than it will be when everyone is at home.
Admissions for September 2021
Admissions for the 2021/22 school year opened last Thursday and remain open. If you have a child who you would like to start school next year and you did not previously pre-enrol them, you should complete a pre-enrolment form before 31st January 2021. If you did previously pre-enrol them, please respond to my email of last week about this as soon as possible.
We are very worried to hear from parents about unsafe practices in the car park. As our community have pulled together so well in every other aspect of reopening, we (school management and Parents Association) are asking every parent to reflect on your practices in the car park and to do the right thing, even if it takes a little longer:
- NEVER stop on a pedestrian crossing
- DO NOT park on a path
- DO NOT let children out in the driving lane - you must pull over into a Set Down spot
- ABSOLUTELY DO NOT let your child out at the corner just before the pedestrian crossing nearest the front door of the school
- ALWAYS stop and double-check for pedestrians at pedestrian crossings
- ALWAYS reduce your speed when on the school campus
Read all about it
- A special school assembly
- Our new Student Council
- An historic day
- Meeting our inspector
- Orla's class have completed one month of school!
- New wheels in Claire's class
- Sarah L's Junior Infants love to read
- Ruth McEvoy's Junior Infants go for a walk
- Laura's Senior Infants talk about feelings
- Eist le Rang Deirdre ag canadh amhrain alainn
- Emer's 1st class love going outside
- Lisa's 2nd class run The Daily Mile
- Martha's 3rd class study Roy Lichtenstein's artwork
- Aoife B's 4th class hold an outdoor debate and create their own timeline
- Sarah OT's 4th class enjoy PE