These 6 foods can help kids stay sharp and affect how their brains develop well into the future.
1. Eggs. The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate.
2. Greek Yogurt. Fat is important to brain health, says Laura Lagano, RD. A full-fat Greek yogurt (which has more protein that other yogurts) can help keep brain cells in good form for sending and receiving information.
3. Greens. Full of folate and vitamins and packed with antioxidants that help the brain cells grow.
4. Fish. Fish is a good source of vitamin d and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss.
5. Nuts and Seeds. Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals, nuts and seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check.
6. Apples and Plums. Kids often crave sweets, especially when they're feeling sluggish. Apples and plums are lunchbox-friendly and contain quercetin, an antioxidant that may fight decline in mental skills.
The research indicates that the foods our children eat can have a positive impact on brain development and concentration. An interesting concept.