Thank you so much for your engagement over the last fortnight, both via Seesaw and in Well-being Fortnight. No problem if you didn't get to do either - click on the links and join in now!
If you have been following Well-being Fortnight, I hope you will continue to engage:
- The last two slides on this week's outline are easy to print or copy and put up in your house as simple reminders of what we practiced
- You got in the habit this week of recording your Rainbow Moments each day. You could continue with that and/or use page 11 of the book to record how you light up the world each day
- There are lots more pages in the booklet left to complete. Doing one each day is a great way to keep the focus going and help your brain and body be set up for success.
Our Board of Management decided that end-of-year reports will be sent via the Aladdin Connect app this year. Please sign up to the app so that you can receive your child's report directly to your phone. The app also gives you the option to share your contact details with parents of other children in your child's class.
Mother Language and Multi-Language Fortnight
We are so pleased to launch Mother Language and Multi-Language Fortnight. During the coming weeks, we encourage you to celebrate your mother language or learn a new language. We hope you enjoy it!
Collection of books during week of 25th May
We are still working out our plan for this. We had it all planned and then our insurance company raised concerns. We are trying to find a manageable, safe and insured way to get your child's books to you and will let you know as soon as we have it figured out. In the meantime, please let us know if:
1. You need to borrow a device from our school - by Monday 18th
2. It would really help to receive some art and stationery supplies for your child - please note that we have limited supplies and limited capacity for putting these together. However, we really feel for those children who have little to get creative with at home. If you would like the teachers to put together a little pack of supplies for your child, please reply to this email BY TUESDAY 19th to let us know. We will do our best to leave something for you along with the books you are collecting.
You were sent an invitation to today's assembly yesterday. Thank you so much to those who came last week and who will come this week. It has been a great learning experience and we really enjoyed seeing your faces and hearing your voices. We hope to do one more assembly in mid June. We'll let you know about it closer to the time.
Videos by Caitriona next week
Thanks to you all for your warm feedback. I am so happy to hear that my daily videos are being watched and are helping your families to stay connected. I hope to record next week's videos at the school and will be uploading them to this page on our school website. We have been focusing on keeping the children connected with their teacher and with each other. Now that I am allowed back into the school building, I want to help the children stay connected to the school building, which will hopefully make their transition back a little easier whenever that happens.