We have been able to introduce some new activities into our assemblies this year. We now begin assembly with each class saying 'Hello' in a language of their choice. We also end assembly with a Mexican wave around the school. As always, we continue to celebrate the pupils who are working hard to enact our value of the month around the school. For October, our value was safety - well done to all of the pupils nominated this week:
- Emily in Amy's 3rd class stood back and waited safely until the coat area was empty and safe enough for her to hang up her coat.
- Callum and Aiden D. in 5th class are nominated for being so safe - when they noticed a door was locked, they were very responsible in walking around to the main door to get inside the school.
- Aaliyah from Amy's class for being kind and friendly.
- Ali in Deirdre's Senior Infants class thought of great solutions to small safety problems in the classroom, all on his own.
- Teagan in Sarah L's class has been walking so safely in the classroom. Teagan takes her time and does not run, this helps keep everyone around her safe. Well done Teagan.
- Xander in Senior Infants sets a great example to others by always walking safely in his line.
- Jakub hangs his coat, hat and scarf safely each morning. He endeavours to make his Senior Infant classroom a safe space.
- Sofia in Emer's 1st class always waits patiently if a child from another pod is at the book area. This shows she is keeping a safe distance from those in other pods.
- Ahmed from Sarah C's 1st class fixed the yellow fence on yard one morning before school. He made sure our school was safe for everyone.
- Cathal in 5th class noticed that some safety bollards had blown over in the wind and he safely picked them back up again.
- Anto in Emer's 1st class always walks so safely in the line when his class are walking through the school.
- When Vadim is at the front of the line, he always ensures that everyone from the class on yard before him have left, before he enters the yard.
- Shane in 5th class kindly offered to swap scooters with another child, even sanitising both for safety.
- Vincent in Sarah O'T's class picked up all the barriers on the junior yard to make it safe for Junior Infants yard time.
- Well done to Slawa in Sarah's 4th Class for always checking her social distance.
- Robyn in 2nd class showed great kindness as she stopped to let an adult through the door. Lovely manners!
- Well done to Killian in Orla’s Class - when one of his friends had a balloon that blew away, he ran over and offered for them to play with him and his toys instead. Such a caring thing to do!
- Leila in 2nd class is nominated this week for being kind and caring to others in her pod to ensure everyone is safe and doing the right thing.
- Lexie, Caleb and Alantas in Martha's class were very brave and kind. They noticed that one of their friends was being treated unfairly and they stood up for him and made sure he was OK. We are so proud of them. Well done!
- Well done to Alicja in Lisa's class for always being safe, listening carefully to instructions and doing her best work in class.
- Well done to the members of the Green Pod in Trisha's - for always holding the door for their classmates when going out to yard/PE/home each day.
The certificates this week were awarded as follows:
- Cleanest class - Emer's class
- Cleanest toilets - the whole school!
- Friendliest class - Ruth M's and Ruth Mc's classes
- Best líne - Martha's class
We wish everyone a safe and happy mid-term break and we cannot wait to see you on the 2nd November.