Did you know that only one in five Irish children currently meet the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) recommended daily guidelines of 60 minutes of activity per day?
Let’s work together to change this statistic!
You can do your bit by encouraging your child to participate in
“Active Home Learning”.
Why not try some of the following:
(you might even enjoy the activities yourself......go on...have a go!)
- Go on a family walk of 20 mins duration. Raining? No problem...wear a coat with a
- Take a family bike ride to the park and have a picnic. Don’t forget to wear your
- Wash the car and have your child help you! Lots of active water fun!
-Take the stairs in shopping centres instead of the escalator.
- Play hide and seek or musical chairs
-Create a dance to a piece of music that is at least 3mins long.
- Create a new team game that involves physical movement.
- Visit the playground or a play centre with climbing frames.
- Teach your child about the importance of exercise – check out this powerpoint presentation: