We spent the first half term with a totally-pared-back assembly where we focussed on teaching the children how to be in assembly rather than on the content of assembly and it totally paid off!
Assembly today was wonderful. Staff felt that the children were ready for more and so we introduced a longer assembly. It was such a joy and we were so proud of the journey taken by the staff and children over the last few months.
At assembly today, we celebrated:
- Golden Book - nominations in November are for actions that show the value of CARING and we had lots of nominations to start us off on this value!
- Cleanest class of the week - Sarah C's class followed Sarah OT's, Mary Treasa's, Laura M's and Eldon's classes in getting the coveted certificate for their classroom door to acknowledge their work in taking care of their learning space and leaving it clean and tidy at the end of each day!
- Student Council - Student Council introduced their Suggestion Boxes, which will be out for the next fortnight, collecting ideas from the student body, from which the Student Council will choose three ideas for work on during this school year.
- Active Agents - Our Active Agents introduced the movement skill we are focussing on in November, teaching us the key points to remember when running - hold your head high, arms at 90 degree angles, knees high and kick your feet close to your bum - and we all practiced this fundamental movement skill.
- Playworx - 3rd class introduced Playworx, which they will be leading during yard times.
- School song - For the last year, we have been singing the Toy Story classic You Got a Friend in Me as our school song. School staff have been consulting with the pupils and debating since the start of the year and decided on Bruno Mars You Can Count on Me as our new school song. Today was our first day to sing our new school song. For a first time, it went well but we know we have lots of practicing to do to get it as good as You Got a Friend in Me is!